Michael Schreckenbauer wrote:
Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 26. April 2006 17:02 schrieb Stephane Marchesin:
Paul Wise wrote:
Hi all,
I'm wondering how nouveau relates to this free nvidia 3D driver for
beos. Perhaps you could use code from it? I think it is utah-glx
related.
http://be-hold.blogspot.com/
Hi,
Yes, we know about that 3D driver. I'm in contact with the author and we
are exchanging ideas/findings :)
Also, the 2D driver from haiku is quite good and has more features than
our "nv" DDX.

that's really interesting news to me :) Am I correct, that newer GeforceFX are not (yet?) supported by this driver? Is there anything I can do to help with this? I have a few nvidia cards here. Riva128, TNT, TNT2, Geforce, Geforce3, GeforceFX 5900XT and GeforceFX 6800GT. In addition, I don't fear to install some really experimental stuff on some of the machines these cards are builtin ;)
Well, the BeOS driver only support up to nv10 (geforce 1, geforce 2 and geforce 4 mx). We're working on getting nv20 and up to work (and getting nv10 to work in TCL mode).
If you feel like working on that, here is what to do :
- get renouveau, the tool to figure out commands from http://nouveau.sourceforge.net/ - look at http://nouveau.sourceforge.net/required-functionality.html and decide a feature/card to figure out (please avoid nv03 for now) - send OpenGL commands that achieve what functionality you want, and try to make sense of the output

Also, we hang in #nouveau, irc.freenode.net if you're irc'ing.

Stephane