Hi,

As you may have noticed, DRI binary snapshots have not been updated for
a while. The reason was that I've been too busy to keep up with
technical changes that would be needed to make the snapshots actually
work. I have now invested a little time looking into the problems of
including an Xserver binary into the snapshots and I'm getting
increasingly frustrated. Partially installing current modular Xorg
binaries on a monolithic system requires too many hacks and workarounds.

I'm also having doubts that in the age of modular Xorg, binary snapshots
are all that useful any more. Once a system is upgraded to modular, it
should be possible to upgrade only a few components from source. No more
need to download and build an entire monolithic X tree. There is also a
sane build system in place now (though some argue otherwise ;-) that
most enthusiasts are familiar with. So instead of wasting my time on
tracking Xorg CVS (and other SCMs) and hacking up a partial binary
distribution with increasing effort over time I'd rather work on the
documentation, explaining how to build and test the latest driver
changes in a modular Xorg environment. Maybe I'll even have some fun
with Xgl and Compiz. :)

That means, I am now officially suspending DRI binary snapshot builds.
If anyone feels like resurrecting them, feel free to do so. All the
scripts are in CVS.

Best regards,
  Felix

--
| Felix Kühling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                     http://fxk.de.vu |
| PGP Fingerprint: 6A3C 9566 5B30 DDED 73C3  B152 151C 5CC1 D888 E595 |