I was running some test comparing the r200 vs the r300 driver this
morning, and noticed a slight rendering issue with the r200 driver with
reflections in the game neverball.

http://68.44.156.246/neverball-9200.jpg

As you can see, the reflections for the coins on the two bridges on the
right are displayed even where there is no reflective surface.  At first
I thought this was a problem with the game, but when I tried with the
drivers from XiG, this is what I saw:

http://68.44.156.246/neverball-9200-xig.jpg

The reflection is only visible on the reflective surface.

For anyone interested, the r300 driver doesn't handle the refelective
surfaces at all:

http://68.44.156.246/neverball-9800.jpg

You'll also be able to notice the framerate for the three drivers.
Though the images only show a single frame, the difference in the
framerate is pretty consistent.  The XiG driver is generally at least
10-20 FPS higher than the r200 driver in neverball and Orbz.  With other
games (NWN, Q3A, for example) I've noticed that the difference is less
(and in Q4, the XiG driver is a few FPS slower, probably due to hyperz
support in the r200 driver since disabling that drops the FPS to roughly
the same as the XiG driver).

Aapo, I also tested the r200 driver after commenting out the
ctx->Array.LockFirst = first; and ctx->Array.LockCount = count; lines as
you suggested.  I didn't see any real slowdown in NWN when I did that.

Adam