So last night I decided to give the new vertex programs on the r200
driver a shot and to see how doom3 stacked up with the r200 driver vs
the fglrx driver now.  With both drivers, I was getting approximately 12
FPS with demo1 (with the r200 renderer, of course).

This morning I decided to give the r300 driver a shot, but ran into some
problems:

http://68.44.156.246/shot-current.jpg

Everything is shiny and textures are all screwed up :-)

Same room, but with the Mesa 6.5 drivers:

http://68.44.156.246/shot-6.5.jpg

If this isn't something currently being worked on, I'll go ahead and
open up a new bug for it.

Adam