James C Georgas wrote:
> There are black grid lines between some terrain tiles in various games I
> have.
>
> It seems to happen in both software and direct rendering.
>
> I'm using this morning's cvs HEAD for mesa and dri.
> System is dual Opteron.
> Video card is FireGL X1-128
> OS is Gentoo amd64.
>
> Attached is a piece of a screenshot from tuxracer. Check out the
> vertical black line in the sky in the background. That's an edge of a
> sky polygon.
>
> Let me know what other info i can provide.

That's a known bug in those applications. I submitted a fix to ppracer
some time ago, which was merged. If you can name other applications, I
suppose authors will be interested in patches as well. Tuxracer is not
maintained though, so there is nowhere to send a patch.

FYI, all this was started by a non-conformant behaviour of the clamping
mode on nvidia drivers, and people not testing with other drivers than
the proprietary nvidia ones (which don't have this issue because of
their buggy clamping behaviour). And now nvidia doesn't want to fix that
behaviour, because that would expose those bugs (although some versions
of the windows driver have a configuration checkbox to "enable
conformant clamping behaviour").

Stephane