Dennis Schridde wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 27. August 2006 16:56 schrieben Sie:
>> Dennis Schridde wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> One of our (Warzone 2100, http://wz.rootzilla.de/) users told us about an
>>> assert that only our game seems to trigger.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> warzone2100: r200_vtxfmt.c:1044: r200VtxFmtFlushVertices: Assertion
>>> `rmesa->dma.flush == 0 || rmesa->dma.flush == flush_prims' failed.
>>> ---
>>> Details and backtrace on
>>> https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=6758
>>>
>>> But as this assert is in the radeon drivers code I have no idea how we
>>> trigger it. Can someone please give me an idea what kinds of events could
>>> trigger that assert?
>> I'm not sure, but it seems somewhat likely it may be related to the
>> _mesa_compile_error shown in the backtracke. This might be an
>> application bug, if it's trying to do something illegal with display
>> lists (but, obviously, it should not cause the driver to abort). From a
>> quick look, that compile error might happen if glLoadIdentity gets
>> called inside a primitive.
> Does glNewList(dlist, GL_COMPILE_AND_EXECUTE); count as "inside a primitive"?
> If yes that this is obviously a bug in our code.
Actually, that "inside a primitive" should have read "inside a begin/end
pair", that it would be inside a display list thus just more or less
coincidential (but obviously mesa wouldn't call _mesa_compile_error if
it wouldn't be inside a display list, but call another error function
instead). But as said, it could be some other problem, debugging symbols
in the back trace really would help.  If it is an app bug though then
you should get an opengl error there with any opengl driver, so you
could check for errors there.

Roland