Rune Petersen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quake3 causes fallback because r300_translate_vertex_shader() returns
> early and doesn't translate the shader.
>
> The culprit:
> if (!mesa_vp->Base.String)
>       return;
>
> To me it looks suspect because checking a pointer to the shader string
> to verify that the parsed shader is valid doesn't make sense to me.
> And this check i omitted for fragment translation which uses the same
> structure.
>
> Anything obvious I missed?
That check is there to check if a shader string was even specified in
the first place (see the thread about "Radeon 9200
GetProgramiv(GL_VERTEX_PROGRAM_ARB,..." at the mesa3d-dev list). Maybe
there is some trouble with that, in the case of quake3 and r300 I'd
suspect it's because no string exists for the shader at all, because
quake3 obviously doesn't use vertex shaders and it's internally
generated by fixed function to shader conversion code.

Roland