Jacek Poplawski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I removed fglrx from my system yesterday.
> I was using it to initialize my Radeon 9800 Pro before (old DRI driver
> crashed without that).
> Then I installed new drivers, and I tested following applications:

<snip>

> I think that it is safe to say that Radeon 9800 Pro works stable and
> r300 driver is the best OpenGL implementation I ever seen in Linux
> (much more stable than radeon, r200 or voodoo3, much more correct than
> mga or i810 and of course much more free than propertiary drivers).
> I hope that PCI-E cards are working great, too. I will check it within
> next few weeks.

While the r300 driver has, indeed, come a long way, I'm hesitant to call
it the best OpenGL implementation I've ever seen.  As of July, the r200
driver still out performed the r300 driver at nearly every OpenGL
application and game on my system.  I do agree with your assessment that
the r300 driver is much more stable than most of the other open source
drivers, however.

Adam