Aapo Tahkola wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 02:17:40 +0200
> Rune Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Roland Scheidegger wrote:

>>> That kinda makes sense. On r200 you could already pass vertex data
>>> to the fragment registers (but you couldn't use position as input),
>>> so the data was interpolated by the texcoord interpolator but
>>> texture lookup was disabled (see the ATI_fs spec / r200 dri
>>> implementation). At first sight looks like a similar mechanism
>>> might be used by r300 I guess, interpolating position or texcoords
>>> isn't too different is it?
>>>
>> I've had been looking into this, and the vertex shader is supplying
>> the position to the fragment shader as a texcoord, the only apparent
>> difference in shader setup between a position and a real texcoord, is
>> a real texcoord is supplied as input for the vertex shader.
>>

>> I would really like to capture the vertex program of
>> program/fp/tri-depth and the fglrx driver.
>>
>> But I'm betting the vertex shader is capable of writing to a texcoord.
>> All I need is a safe way for the vertex shader code to know if the
>> fragment shader needs the position.
>>
>> Any help with this would be great.
>
> Bug #8056 patch can do this. Take a look at r300_select_vertex_shader().

Thank you.

About your patch:

Can't reproduce your result with gearbox
[drm:r300_emit_carefully_checked_packet0] *ERROR* Offset failed range
check (reg=4e28 sz=1)
[drm:r300_do_cp_cmdbuf] *ERROR* r300_emit_packet0 failed

subtexrate:
The result is not too reliable with this, but at least it doesn't crash =)
There looks to be a mess up of src & dest. sometimes the src is the
teapot other times the root window.

Rune Petersen