Patrick McFarland wrote:

> As such, I'd love to use the R300 driver (and maybe even help development, if
> not just testing), but as it stands, on my run of the mill RV350 AP revision
> hardware (a Radeon 9600), initialization of X hangs if I enable DRI, but
> continues fine if DRI is off (ie, its not the 2D driver's own code hanging
> X).
>
> This I'd think is a severe bug, as RV350 hardware of all revisions is quite
> common (and, in fact, many revisions of RV350 hardware do work fine), but
> adding features over fixing bugs like this is, well, stupid, especially if I,
> and others like me in my position, cannot use them.

Just as a point of reference...  I have two of those RV350 revisions
that work fine.  Indeed, they both worked fine even before the 9800 fix
went into the ati driver a while back.  In my case, the cards care both:

pci bus 0x0001 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x1002 device 0x4153
 ATI Technologies Inc RV350 AS [Radeon 9550]

Patrick, did you try disabling AGP support and using the card as a
generic PCI card using the "BusType" option?  Sorry if this is covered
in your previous bug report...

Adam