> Obviously, we are interested in making use of the new DRM memory manager
> on that hardware. Now if I understand how it works correctly, this new
> memory manager allocates opaque handles which are not to be used as
> offset in memory, because they are not. Therefore, a translation from
> the handle into a proper memory adress has to be done before the
> commands are sent to the hardware. This is easy to add when the DRM
> validates all the commands.

Also the multiple contexts means taking the drm lock is not something we
would want to be doing in on a regular basis... I've got some ideas
already discussed with Stephane but I'd like to see what other methods ppl
might have..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
Linux kernel - DRI, VAX / pam_smb / ILUG