On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:49:55 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 21:39 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> >
> > I use a TV application (MythTV) that uses DRM for the video timing.
> > Since the upgrade to Linux 2.6.18 the timing during playback is broken
> > (video too fast). It works with 2.6.17, and it also works if the
> > program uses RTC for the video timing.
> >
> > This happens on a Mac Mini Core Duo with Intel i945 graphics.
>
> Define 'too fast'. Is it just slightly off, or about twice as fast?

It's about twice as fast.

> Either way, this is most likely related to the new support for handling
> vertical blank interrupts from both display pipes.

Thanks for the hint. I saw these functions in the 2.6.18 changes and
they also came into my mind.

Now, is this a bug in the i915 DRM driver, or a bug in the application?

Btw., I made a diff between drivers/char/drm from 2.6.17 and 2.6.18 to
revert the DRM to 2.6.17 and MythTV now works with DRM timing and the
modified 2.6.18.

Regards,
Tino