-- Jerome Glisse wrote :
>Changing those is not recommanded unless you really know what you
>do. This is for checking that the dri is launch with a proper ddx and
>drm interface. There is from time to time change in how all this communicate.
>Thus i suggest that you use a newer dri, libdrm at least new enought to
>cope with the limit in trident_context.c
In fact I had to increase the version numbers, but it is true that they
mismatched. Before I started to this, I talked to Alan Hourihane (author of
Trident drivers), and he did discourage me to get involved because the
components (you mentioned) have not been updated for plenty of time.

>Quick look make me things that the ddx you got is too old for the dri of
>mesa 6.5.1 and thus can't get a proper fb config from it, so it can't
>>initialize
>at all and even fallback fail in a bad way. But i might misunderstood this
>fbconfig message.
So far I thought the fbconfigs warning was not related to my glNewList ->
neutral_VertexAttrib4fvARB problem, but yesterday I checked it. In
src/mesa/drivers/dri/trident_context.c the driver_modes of driCreateNewScreen
function is not filled in because tridentFillInModes is in comment (moreover it
does not exist at all). I imported 3 different xFillInModes from other
different dri drivers, I quickly implemented them for Trident one by one, but
none of them worked. Although the fbconfigs warning disappeared with their
usage, but all modes from 0x23 to 0x32 returned with
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x[mode]
These modes are listed in glxinfo. I'm still checking these new warnings, but I
doubt that this would be responsible for the "silly" glNewList problem. I also
suspect some client-server version difference in some lib files, just I cannot
figure out where.

>Please try with newer ddx, libdrm and drm module and report.
For ddx I found just some older patch (trident-dri-aware-ddx.patch), I have
implemented it on the latest trident ddx driver by hand. I made a fake trident
drm module based on some others (because trident is not supported there).
Libdrm is the latest one. My Xorg.0.log seems fine, dri/drm/glx are loaded
flawlessly.

Let me have one more question. Is it normal that glxinfo displays different SGI
glx versions? The server is SGI v1.2, but the client is SGI v1.4.

thanks,
Brazso

--
This message was sent on behalf of [EMAIL PROTECTED] at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/5244298.html