On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 19:01 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 12:49 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > So it looks like you're using a newer DRM on Linux but a newer
> > > xf86-video-ati on FreeBSD. Does making either of these equal between OSs
> > > change anything?
> > >

> > Well, the DRM module itself is the same version as under linux (1.25.0).
> > Are you referring to libdrm?
>
> No, see the different DRM interface versions (corresponding to the 'drm'
> kernel module) above. Maybe they're just different between OSs though.

Yeah, I think that must be the case.  I pulled the latest drm from the
git repo and built both a newer libdrm and a newer drm.ko and radeon.ko
kernel modules.  I get the same results (and the same output in the Xorg
log file about the interface version).

I've also updated the xf86-video-ati driver on the linux installation to
6.6.3, so it's now the same version as the FreeBSD driver.  DRI still
works fine on the linux installation.

Any other ideas? :-)

Adam