> I found a couple of things but i am not familiar enought with modesetting,
> so i am taking time to understand all this. We may need to start somethings
> similar to nouveau to bring more attention and more people on this. I fear
> that most current dri dev can't work on this due to NDA or lack of time.

I agree that a project like nouveau for radeon-cards would be great. I
for one, as stated earlier, know nothing about driver development.
However I'm willing to learn a lot and I will use my card to spy on to
provide information. The reason I started this thread was to get
attention to the matter and I really like the response so far,
creating a project would hopefully boost this further, but I'm not
sure I'm the right person to start such a project, I hope that someone
on this list with a little more knowledge could take the lead, and
I'll be happy to back up with whatever  I can.