On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 09:30 +0800, Xiang, Haihao wrote:
> I have the same problem too.
> I ran glxgears for a long time then glxgears got hung. I looked into it and
> found
> the 915 interrupt handler wasn't called, so
> dev_priv->sarea_priv->last_dispatch is
> not updated anymore.

That sounds like a different problem, I think Dominik is only having
issues when switching to console. Is there any indication as to why the
interrupt handler is no longer called, e.g. something in the kernel
output?

> However the ring buffer works fine and the appropriate data
> had been written into the hardware status page. The problem still happened
> after
> I unloaded/loaded drm module. But this problem doesn't happen on another
> machine.
> The following patch works fine for me (The IRQ is still disabled).

I'll leave it to others to decide whether the patch is a good idea, but
my gut feeling is yes.