Keith Whitwell wrote:
> Jerome Glisse wrote:
>> Keith Whitwell wrote:

>>> Is there really a long-term need for DRI clients to maintain a
>>> reference to the front buffer?  We're moving away from this in lot
>>> of ways and if it is a benefit to the TTM work, we could look at
>>> severing that tie sooner rather than later...

While this is probably a good idea, the discussion is really whether we
should use a more general drmBOSetStatus() or a subset drmBOSetPin().
With drmBOSetStatus() we can easily implement a workaround for the
(perhaps soon disappearing) fragmentation problem, but there are a
couple of other uses as well.

/Thomas