> Does removing the any of the following options help:
> dynamicclocks acceldfs agpmode pageflip
> how about adding: Option "BusType" "PCI"

I removed all those options and added the pci bustype but the result was
the same: when I resume from sleep, the screen goes all garbled and then
fails to resume into X. If I kill X and return to a VT then I can
sleep/resume OK. In the past, when resuming from X I would also get the
garbled screen but it seemed to do some kind of reset which brought it
back to normal X functioning.

I also use the kernel configs: quiet profile hpet=force
acpi_sleep=s3_bios. The s3_bios is required for me otherwise it just
hangs with a black screen when resuming. I did used to have s3_mode
there as well but this made no difference.