Hi Thomas,

I got a question  about BO object it seems that from kernel
point of view we don't store the size the user requested for
allocation, also there is no easy way to quickly get BO handle.

I would need both for two reasons. I need to know user size
allocation request so i can check if user is trying to access
outside the area it has requested for (even though the request
might still end in the allocated area as its rounded to page).
I would need BO handle mostly to help debuguing user/kernel space
interaction and quickly see about which object each other are
thinking of.

Also does fence class have ever been tested ? I would like to
have a class for 3d and one for 2d on radeon (as flush and
pipeline are different).

Side remark should there be some check on flag, mask, hint the
userspace ask for as for instance userspace might ask for buffer
to not be fenced while it's needed. And am i right in assuming
that validate will fail if userspace still have a mapping of
the buffer active ?

I don't think i fully understand bo->fence_type, it is set in
drm_fence_buffer_objects. My understanding is that for instance
if you get submited a command stream like this:
-BO cmd, EXE fence
-BO dst, WRITE fence
-BO src, READ fence
The fence emited will be EXE|WRITE|READ, fency_type will be
set to EXE|WRITE|READ but yet once the EXE fence is signaled
this EXE BO can be free (or reused) right ? ie fence not fully
signaled. If that's right then i didn't fully understand fence
yet :) If so, i think i already asked with one, does signaling
multiple time same sequence number with different flag isn't
troublesome ? Because then i will emit multiple time the
sequence to free EXE buffer as soon as possible.

Also when you call drm_bo_handle_validate you put the bo on
the unfenced list, don't you ? Isn't there another way to
get buffer object without putting it on validate list ? I need
that because fence, class, mask will depend from the command
stream and i don't want to scan 2 times the command stream
one for getting proper fence class & mask and bo flag mask
second to update bo offset in command stream.

Thanks a lot Thomas for all your help, you saved me hours of
code reading :) And in the end i will have an optimal|beautifull
BO & fence code :)

Cheers,
Jerome Glisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>