Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Tonight I finally took the time to enable DRI on my laptop.  I
> understand that support for my particular chipset is experimental and
> currently "needs more testing on differing models", and I hereby offer
> help for testing.
>
> DRI appears to work and glxgears says:
> Warning, xpress200 detected.
> 2066 frames in 5.0 seconds = 413.009 FPS
> 2078 frames in 5.0 seconds = 415.508 FPS
> 2066 frames in 5.0 seconds = 413.098 FPS
> 2070 frames in 5.0 seconds = 413.984 FPS
> 2099 frames in 5.0 seconds = 419.766 FPS
>
> I would like to know if there is a particular area of the driver, or a
> particular feature of the chipset, that needs testing.  What can I do
> to help?

I can't comment on particular feature/dirver area, just how to test in
general.
Test results are most valuable against current git. Have a look at
http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/git how to compile/install/run
xorg/drm/mesa/xf86-video-ati from git sources.
Then take your favorite OpenGL apps and watch out for errors. If you
found some errors in git, compare it with dri from debian and  perhaps
with fglrx. If something works with debian/unstable but not git, you can
bisect to find which patch caused a regression.
And of course report any found bugs.

Markus