THIS EMAIL IS BEING SENT TO MULTIPLE MAILING LISTS IN HOPES THAT IT WILL REACH
SOMEONE WHO WILL HELP ME

Hello all,

I've been working on a port of DRM for Syllable.? Syllable doesn't support
drivers (or kernel modules) that are on the same level of abstraction &
communicate with each other.? For example our sound card drivers can't
communicate with any other driver normal driver, they can only communicate with
busmanagers (PCI, ISA, etc.).? With this in mind, I've been wondering what the
signifigance of having a drm kernel object that's seperate from the video
driver, but the video driver is dynamicly linked to it.? If I have gotten
something wrong, please let me know.? Also, is it a big deal to just compile
all of the drm driver code into the video drivers?? I ask this, not because I'm
trying to change the way you all do things, but only because I'm trying to find
a suitable solution for Syllable.

Dee Sharpe

P.S.? For anyone who follows Syllable, there was an attempt a few years ago to
convience me of the virtues of DRI, but I wouldn't listen.? Consider me
convienced, please help me.