On my desktop with Intel graphics ( 82G33/G31 ), I noticed some problems when
doing resume from ram. The system takes some key strokes to come back correctly:

Resume (power button)
   1) LCD comes up in a resolution it can't display
      Hit Alt-F1, Alt-F7 and gets back
   2) Screensaver unlock password box
   3) Screen goes black with only mouse cursor. VT swapping
      again seems to get it back.
   4) Screen sometimes does a short flip to black and then back
      some 5 seconds after that.  No real reason why, some X server
      braindamage.

Steps 1 seem to be necessary, though I don't think it always lost
its mind about resolution. but these happen with 2.6.26 and 2.6.27

Step 3 is new in 2.6.28

It could be that since is Ubuntu Hardy, and their suspend/resume does lots of
"workaround" video wanking that it may just be fighting itself. Any ideas?
It could be related to 3D effects which I really don't care about and could
turn off.

Nothing is a showstopping regression just seems wierd.