On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 18:15 -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:

> I know of a 64b alignment required for display planes, but I'm not sure
> what a 64-pixel alignment is about.  Also, #define ALIGN() should be in
> a header already, seriously.

That alignment came from the existing code; if it's wrong, we can fix
it. Of course, more alignment doesn't usually hurt other than wasting
memory. Plus, that alignment will usually end up overridden by the
tiling alignment anyway. Should we just align to one or the other
(linear/tiled) instead of doing the linear alignment and then the
more-strict tiled alignment?

--
keith.pack...@intel.com