On Saturday 28 February 2009 09:06:38 am Robert C. Noland III wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 23:54 -0800, vehemens wrote:

> > > Sounds good to me - one question: should we divorce libdrm from the
> > > drm.git repo?
> >
> > As long as it stays on xorg, I wouldn't object as it would allow drm.git
> > master to be used for leading edge development.
>
> Not really, As long as people are allowed to bypass drm git and make
> infrastructure changes, it means that in order for anyone else to try
> and work in drm git, they have to do the work of back-porting other
> peoples work before they can do their own work.  There needs to be a
> central point for drm development and that point is not Linus' tree.
>
> robert.

People have always been free to bypass drm.git, and have been doing it for a
number of years.  The general consensus is to merge the different branches
back into one place, that being drm.git.  I don't see that happening while
the "offical repository" of libdrm is in drm.git as there would always be
objections to changes that weren't "main-stream".