Jerome Glisse wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 13:51 +0200, Thomas Hellstrom wrote:
>
>> Jerome Glisse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Thomas,
>>>
>>> It seems my path for bo move from system to vram is completely
>>> wrong, i really have hard time to understand this bo move it
>>> looks way more complicated than it should be. Here is what i
>>> do.
>>>
>>> tmp_mem = *old_mem;
>>> tmp_mem.mm_node = NULL;
>>> tmp_mem.proposed_flags = TTM_PL_FLAG_TT | TTM_PL_MASK_CACHING;
>>> r = ttm_bo_mem_space(bo, &tmp_mem, interruptible, no_wait);
>>> r = ttm_bo_move_ttm(bo, true, no_wait, &tmp_mem);
>>> r = radeon_move_blit(bo, true, no_wait, new_mem, old_mem);
>>> accel_cleanup
>>>
>>> So now on resume i get a bind of 0 pages because
>>> bo->ttm.state != unpopulated. Before resume this path seems
>>> to work fine.
>>>
>>> Am i doing somethings wrong ?
>>>

>> The question is then how you get an unpopulated ttm without any pages in
>> it?
>> If it's swapped, then the state should indeed be unpopulated.
>>
>> Also, why do you pass old_mem to radeon_move_blit, as that should point
>> to a system region that
>> is no longer valid?
>>
>> /Thomas
>>

> bo->ttm exist and seems to have pages in it. in ttm_bo_move_ttm
> *old_mem = tmp_mem so when i do move_blit with old_mem it's in
> fact using the tmp mem allocated.

Hmm. That's a bit confusing to me. Can't radeon_blit just use bo->mem?
Anyway, you say you get a bind operation of 0 pages?  Why is the ttm_tt
code not doing the bind?

/Thomas