On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 10:21 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> From: Dave Airlie <airl...@redhat.com>
>
> This adds color tiling support for buffers in VRAM, it enables
> a color tiled fbcon and a color tiled X frontbuffer.
>
> It changes the API:
> adds two new parameters to the object creation API (is this better than
>  a set/get tiling?) we probably still need a get but not sure for what yet.
> relocs are required for 2D DST_PITCH_OFFSET and SRC_PITCH_OFFSET type-0,
> and 3D COLORPITCH registers.
>
> TTM:
> adds a new check_tiling call to TTM, gets called at fault and around
> bo moves.
>
> Issues:
> Can we integrate endian swapping in with this?

Not sure about that in gernal; unless I'm missing something, it would
require moving BOs from TT to VRAM for CPU mappings, and I don't think
that's a good idea.

It might be useful for scanout buffers though. Maybe another object
creation parameter which specifies the CPU byte swapping vs. the GPU
byte order (little endian) could work, then we could use surface
registers for VRAM mappings or GPU byte swapping bits for GPU access
to/from TT.