Michel Dänzer skrev:
On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 19:26 +0200, Thomas Hellström wrote:
Just prior to the commit I sent out a message explaining what I was
going to do and why, but apparently it didn't make it to the list
(which seems to be the case of quite a few mails these days).

What was the From: address and subject of that mail (or any others that
were apparently lost)? I can't seem to find anything in the dri-devel
moderation queue mails around the weekend, so apparently it was dropped
before it reached mailman. Maybe some sf.net spam filter or something.

Hi!
Attaching the mail and another one that was stripped. Furthermore
I had two patches sent by git-send-email stripped away, but when I routed them through the vmware smtp server they arrived.

It might be that sf.net doesn't like my isp email server.

/Thomas.

--- Begin Message ---
Hi!

I'm about to push a commit that strips old TTM from the drm git repo. Not sure if anybody uses it for other things than libdrm, but at least that will remove some unused code.

The master nouveau driver will be disabled since it depends on old ttm.

/Thomas

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
Okias,

The documentation available is the Xorg wiki TTM page (a little
outdated) and the ttm header files
which are quite well commented.

Currently there are three drivers using it
1) The Radeon KMS driver using a subset of the TTM functionality.
2) The Intel moorestown / Poulsbo driver which uses the full TTM
functionality including modesetting. Look at the list archives for
pointers to that.
3) The openchrome driver in the modesetting-newttm branch. No
modesetting yet for that one.

Note that the latter 2 drivers are using a tiny TTM user-space interface
which is never going to make it to the mainstream kernel. The openChrome
driver will be patched up to use a driver-specific version of that
interface.

/Thomas

okias wrote:
Hello,

exist any documentation related to newttm (except already exist
drivers) + any HowTo for 'convert' fb driver + xorg driver to support
memory manager + kms?

Thanks

okias

--- End Message ---