> I don't think you tested this very extensively.
>
> I'm bisecting a bug where my new Dell Inspiron 11z has corrupted LUT or
> gamma tables or something. And while I have a lot of commits left to go,
> only two of them still touch the i915 driver. And the two commits are:

Ive got a fix already, fbdev is horribly broken, who knew.

I've even got it queued up in a branch for you, which I was testing over
today/yesterday.

> the symptoms of this bug are that X starts up with some really funky and
> odd colors. Not alway sall of them, but it basically looks like most of
> the color translation entries are corrupted, resulting in a really "60s
> tie-dye" feel to the desktop, when the background picture ends up being
> recognizable, but with swirly odd purples and greens etc rather than the
> expected colors.

I mentioned this as KS, X.org has a bug in 1.7 with a 2.9 Intel driver
that enabling colormaps in the kernel triggers, I've got it fixed in
userspace and I have the kernel side fix queued

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/airlied/drm-2.6.git;a=commit;h=c850cb782626fda78e5e9e5baf18a5bd806a225c

Dave