On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 5:53 PM, David Miller <da...@davemloft.net> wrote:
> From: David Miller <da...@davemloft.net>
> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 23:04:50 -0700 (PDT)
>
>> From: Dave Airlie <airl...@linux.ie>
>> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 05:42:27 +0000 (GMT)
>>
>>> I'll add this to my TODO for before the next merge window as its
>>> definitely more than I can manage now.
>>
>> I'll do it.

Btw when I mentioned ioctls I meant more than radeon, all the KMS
ioctls in the common drm_crtc.c file suffer from this problem as well.

Hence why I still believe either my drm specific inline or something
more generic (granted I can see why a generic solution would be ugly).

You patch below does suffer from a lot of #ifdefs and cut-n-paste
that is a lot better suited to doing in an inline or macro. We can then
comment that inline saying if anyone else does this we will be most
unhappy.

Dave.