On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM, Viktor Malyarchuk <mal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> I never used git bisect before but willing to try.
> Which git tree should I use?
> Usually I just download mainline source from kernel.org and patch it with last
> snapshot, so no git information there.
> I use git to build libdrm, mesa and xf86-video-ati.

You'll need to clone a kernel git tree to use bisect. Since your known
good and bad points are based on Linus' tree, I would suggest starting
with that.  See the git-bisect man page for how to use it.  Basically
you specify good and bad points on the tree and git bisects the
commits in between.  You try those commits and mark them as good or
bad until you find the problematic one.

Alex