On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Jerome Glisse <jgli...@redhat.com> wrote:
> Attached patch try to simplify gpu address space initialization.
> By default it will place the VRAM range to cover the PCI aperture
> range corresponding to VRAM.
>
> Patch lack support for AGP and likely need to be twicked for IGP.
> I am sending it for early review. The most important thing is
> mc_vram_size which should be the real vram size while vram_size
> will be the vram size we use (for ttm and for reporting to user
> space). This cleanup is my first step before adding unmappable
> vram support.

I would suggest leaving pre-avivo cards and IGP chips at the BAR
location, for r5xx/r6xx/r7xx discrete cards, put it at 0.  Although I
guess Dave had a problematic laptop with the backlight control.  Did
the VGA disable stuff fix that or does it still need to have VRAM at
the BAR location?  Maybe some bios scratch reg magic if it's still a
problem.

Also, FWIW, RS600 and RS690/RS740 have two sets of fb_location regs,
MC_FB_LOCATION and NB_FB_LOCATION.  I think the latter is probably the
equivalent of the TOM register on the old chips.

Alex