-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:54:15 +0100
> Von: "Michel Dänzer" <mic...@daenzer.net>
> An: Gerhard Pircher <gerhard_pirc...@gmx.net>
> CC: dri-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> Betreff: Re: Testing an AGPGART driver with radeon.test=1

> > > No, it's allocated by radeon/TTM.
> > And this memory is mapped uncacheable by radeon/TTM?
>
> Yes.
Well, in short I fail to see now how radeon/TTM allocates and maps
the memory used for the test into the AGP GART resp. which functions
are called the way down from the radeon driver to the AGPGART driver
(radeon->TTM->(DRM?)->AGP). I guess I should ask Google for some
TTM/DRM documentation. :)

> > Doesn't that limit the maximum usable memory for radeon/TTM to the
> > vmalloc space?
>
> That could only be relevant for kernel mappings. The kernel only maps
> buffer object (BO) memory when/while necessary, which usually isn't the
> case.
Okay.

Thanks,

Gerhard

--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02