Hi, friends:

Sorry for my stupid question but I think right here can help me.

As I know, DMA/CommandParser or no matter what you call can provide
asynchronous execuation of graphics commands with CPU execution, and the
direct I/O of course is synchronous with instructions executed on CPU, but
what is here 'synchronous' means? I take an example of direct I/O triangle
setting for 3D engine to render triangle as the below piece of code:

/*
 ** set graphics contexts
 */

/*
** using direct I/O to write 3 vertex data to 3D engine         ** register
for rendering a triangle
 */
movl vertex_data1,  VP_register
movl vertex_data2,  VP_register
movl vertex_data3,  VP_register

does 'synchronous' mean CPU won't finish the last one mov instruction until
the 3D engine finish rendering this triangle? Or whatever other meaning?
Thanks very much.

Regards