On Fri, 5 Mar 2010, Luc Verhaegen wrote:

> libdrm is composed of the main libdrm, and several driver specific
> libdrms today (... and libkms, yes).

It's actually not libdrm that is the primary issue, I'm sorry for saying
that.

It's the nouveau_drv.so thing - the actual X driver.

Anyway, since I had looked at the libdrm sources, I had most of this on my
machine anyway, so I've compiled it all, and am going to reboot and see if
I can make a few symlinks work.

IOW, right now I have this:

   [r...@nehalem ~]# cd /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/
   [r...@nehalem drivers]# ll nouveau_drv.so*
   lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      21 2010-03-04 17:00 nouveau_drv.so ->
nouveau_drv.so-0.0.16
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  343784 2010-03-04 16:59 nouveau_drv.so-0.0.15
   -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1698805 2010-03-04 16:59 nouveau_drv.so-0.0.16

and I'll see if that works (yeah, yeah, I didn't strip the thing, and
it's compiled with whatever defaults that probably include debugging too,
so it's huge).

Quite frankly, I still think that I shouldn't have to play these kinds of
games. I think the versioning should be built in. And I still think that
"staging" is not an excuse for "it's bad crap, and we don't care"

                        Linus