> The thing I objected to, in the VERY BEGINNING in this thread, i the fact
> that the thing was done in such a way that it's basically impossible to
> support the old/new ABI at all!

What did you expect them to do. They said when you first forced a merge
that they would do this. They have no contract that I am aware of to
deliver you compatibility, in fact quite the reverse they said they
wouldn't be.

Then you attribute to malice what was done as a cleanup by people
who've pointedly never to commited to a constant API yet

 "That commit seems to _on_purpose_ try to avoid at all cost being
  compatible."

Great way to make friends.

Alan