On 10/26/2013 09:18 PM, Chen Gang wrote:
> On 10/25/2013 01:29 PM, Greg KH wrote:
>> No, just use the platform-specific SERIAL_PORT_DNFS, instead of having a
>> copy of it here in this driver, which is just wrong.  So please remove
>> this, and just rely on the system version of this, defining it to
>> "nothing" if it isn't present, like the 8250 serial driver does it.
>>

> Hmm... excuse me, I am not quite familiar with it, I will consult
> related member.
>
> Hello Vineet, I have 2 questions to consult you, please help check:
>
>  - can arc support this driver? ("drivers/staging/speakup/serialio.c")
>
>  - if arc supports the driver, can arc let it be initialized statically?
>      (not dynamically, e.g. BASE_BAUD).
>
> Thanks

After scan "arch" and "drivers" sub-directory:

 - arc and openrisc define BASE_BAUD as non-constant number, and like most of
architectures, neither of them provide SERIAL_PORT_DFNS.

 - frv and parisc define SERIAL_PORT_DFNS as empty, for all other architectures
who already define SERIAL_PORT_DFNS, they also use BASE_BAUD on it.

 - for all drivers, they treat SERIAL_PORT_DFNS as 'constant' to initialize
static variables statically.

So for me, we need defind SERIAL_PORT_DFNS as empty for arc and
openrisc, since they can not treate BASE_BAUD as constant number.

Welcome any suggestions and completions.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang