On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 11:47:41AM -0800, Insop Song wrote:
> >> There is no way to detect FPGA until it is programmed.
> >> This is a reason and the only reason of this driver to download the
> >> program to the FPGA so that it can function.
> >
> > So how do you get the memory locations of where the FPGA is in the
> > system in order to be able to send data to it?  Surely that's in the
> > device tree file somewhere, right?
> >

> On the FPGA side, there are dedicated pins for programming, and
> through these you cannot get meaningful information (again unless you
> are JTAG capable)
> Such as these on the FPGA side, PROGRAM_B, INIT_B, CCLK, D[0:7], and DONE.
> On a process side, we use gpio pin to connect to the above pins.
> It's GPIO pins that we do the bit banging as defined for programming
> guide from Xilinx.

Yes, but where do you learn about how those pins are hooked up to the
CPU so that the driver can control them?

Anyway, I have no objection to your driver, it does good things, and we
want it, I think we are talking past each other at the moment, sorry.

How about you repost the code, just using a platform device for the
moment, and we can take it from there.  After all, code in the staging
tree is meant to be cleaned up :)

thanks,

greg k-h