On Mon, Dec 07, 2020 at 04:40:06PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 2:57 PM Sergio Paracuellos
> <sergio.paracuel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 2:05 PM Linus Walleij <linus.wall...@linaro.org>
> > wrote:
>
> > > After this I think the driver looks good and can graduate from staging.
> > > Can you send a patch to move this to drivers/pinctrl next
> > >
> > > I think drivers/pinctrl/pinctrl-rt2880.c since we don't expect a lot
> > > more of them.
> >
> > Perfect, let me write the bindings yaml file and send the patch moving this.
> >
> > What git tree do you prefer the patch to be rebased onto?
>
> I suppose Gregs since he has some changes to it that it need to
> be based on. After v5.11-rc1 it could be the pinctrl tree as well.
> I don't know if Greg has a favourite way to de-stage drivers?

It all depends on what the subsystem maintainer wants to do.

Sometimes we just do a "add a new driver to the real spot" that goes
through the subsystem tree, and when that is accepted, I delete the
driver in the staging tree.  This is most often in networking.

Or you can wait until -rc1 and do a move in your tree, or just tell me
to do the move in my tree with an ack, and I can handle it all.

Whatever is easier for you is fine with me, I'm flexible :)

thanks,

greg k-h