[Forgot to reply-all]

On 0129, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 12:15:23PM +0530, Kumar Kartikeya Dwivedi wrote:
> > Fixes checkpatch warnings for usage of strlcpy.
>
> What warning would that be?

5dbdb2d87c294401a22e6a6002f08ebc9fbea38b

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5dbdb2d87c294401a22e6a6002f08ebc9fbea38b

> And if we could just search/replace for this, why hasn't that already
> happened for the whole tree?

I think that's because it is hard to tell whether truncation is expected at the
call site or not, so each change needs to be audited manually (to check the
return value or not). In cases where it's just a safe strcpy, strscpy is a
relatively better choice (due to not reading the entire source string).

--
Kartikeya