On Saturday, May 09, 2015 10:07 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 02:58:25PM -0700, H Hartley Sweeten wrote:
>> The ni_stc.h header contains the DAQ-STC and board specific register
>> information used by ni_mio_common.c to provide the "guts" for the
>> National Instruments MIO drivers ni_atmio, ni_mio_cs, and ni_pcimio.
>> Those drivers all currently include the ni_mio_common.c file.
>>
>> This header is a bit of a mess...
>>
>>   1) almost everything is CamelCase
>>   2) bits are described as
>>      a) #defines with custom _bit defines instead of the BIT() macro
>>      b) raw values or bit shifts
>>      b) enums with either custom _bit defines, raw values, or bit shifts
>>      c) inline functions
>>   3) there is quite a bit of unused information that is duplicated in the
>>      ni_tio_internal.h header
>>
>> This series addresses these issues and gets the ni_stc.h file into a
>> consistent, easier maintainable, format.
>>
>> It also refactors the STC register remapping for the M-Series boards and
>> the ni_tio GPCT (general purpose counter timer) to STC.
>>
>> In addition a number of unreachable, or unnecessary, BUG() and BUG_ON()
>> checks
>> are removed.
>
> This series adds some build warnings, so can you send a follow-on patch
> to fix that?  I'm sure you will get a notice from the 0-day bot about
> it soon.

Gah...  Looks like the patch that causes the build warnings actually has an
issue.
Not sure why it even compiles correctly on my system (with no errors or
warnings).

This code chunk in ni_mio_common.c:

        case TRIG_NOW:
                ai_trig |= NISTC_AI_TRIG_START1_EDGE |
                           NISTC_AI_TRIG_START1_SEL(0),
                           NISTC_AI_TRIG_SEL_REG;
                break;

should actually be:

        case TRIG_NOW:
                ai_trig |= NISTC_AI_TRIG_START1_EDGE |
                           NISTC_AI_TRIG_START1_SEL(0);
                break;

You already applied the series to your staging-next branch so I'll
Send a follow up patch shortly.

Sorry about that,
Hartley