Hi,

For a project I needed to communicate with external hardware via the I2C protocol. I took a look at the existing drivers in the linux kernel source "drivers/i2c/busses".

Instead of buying yet another interface dongle (this time for I2C) I decided to use an Arduino with an apropriate sketch as I2C adapter.

Currently I access the I2C adapter (Arduino) via a custom program reading/writing to /dev/ttyACM0.

Do you think it would make sense to add an I2C driver to the Linux kernel for an "Arduino as I2C adapter" solution?

Or could you propose another solution? Maybe just an "external" module like the nvidia kernel module?

greetings,
Bernhard
--
Wer nicht gelegentlich auch einmal kausalwidrige Dinge zu denken vermag,
wird seine Wissenschaft nie um eine neue Idee bereichern können.