>I haven't been using kernel v4.1 so I haven't seen this warning, but looking
>at the code it seems to originate from the two recent patches to remove
>_cancel_timer and _cancel_timer_ex. I see that there's another patch in lkml
>[1]
>that changes del_timer_sync back to del_timer in more places. Perhaps it
>could prevent other warnings like this in the future.

_cancel_timer and _cancel_timer_ex both were internally using del_timer,
and the issue was reported in bugzilla. I have given the reference of the
bugzilla in my patch in lkml.
I have changed the reference of del_timer_sync to del_timer in all places
which were in interrupt context, in some places it was not removed as
those were not in interrupt context.

regards
sudip