On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 02:01:06PM -0500, Ben Romer wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Thank you very much for taking our patches. All of us here appreciate
> it a lot. :)
>
> It looks to me like our driver set is clean as far as
> checkpatch.pl is concerned - there's one error, which was said to be
> acceptable as it was, and a small number of checks that can't be
> made any prettier.
>
> I was hoping we could get started with the code audit and work on
> getting the drivers out of the staging tree. What's the best way to
> do that?

For some reason I thought the "raw kobject" usage was going to be
converted to use 'struct device' so that you can then take advantage of
userspace tools to read/write the sysfs attributes properly (i.e.
libudev).  As long as they are kobjects, userspace is "blind" to them.

I know I've brought this up before, but I keep forgetting why the code
is this way.  If it can only be done with kobjects, then we need some
huge comments in the code as to why this is so.

Also, mostcore.h has a function that returns a kobject, that seems "odd"
to me, shouldn't it be returning a object type of your bus/subsystem
instead?

thanks,

greg k-h