On 08/30/2017 02:58 AM, Andreas Ziegler wrote:
Indeed, sorry I missed that as well.

So what should we make of that #ifdef? The code inside it doesn't compile
(anymore? I didn't find any development history for that patch except the
original mail), as there is no definition of struct submit_ctx in the headers
(for other rtl drivers - 8188eu, 8723bs - that struct lives in
include/rtw_xmit.h). Is a comparable header simply missing?

Regards,

Andreas

Andreas,

I'm sorry that I did not have time yesterday to properly analyze the situation. All I knew is that your patch was not the correct one. It turns out that the extra code was left over from the original writing/testing of the driver and should have been deleted. I have prepared a patch that does that and will submit it soon.

When the extraneous code was deleted, addition simplifications of the code were apparent. I am currently testing that change, and will submit the two patches at the same time.

Larry