On Tue, Apr 03, 2018 at 05:58:31PM +1000, NeilBrown wrote:
> Thanks for these.
> When I addressed the various problems that I've mentioned separately
> the code compiles and boots and can access the sd card!

Thanks for your and Dan's quick reviews! Dan, I have tried your
script, it makes the process much simpler, thanks.

> It might be worth your while setting up a MIPS cross-compiler so you can
> build test yourself.  If you want guidance or a sample .config, let me
> know.

I will do that, it was already on my todo list, but now it is my next
step. A sample .config would be very nice and is it correct, that the
target tuple is "mipsel-linux" ?

> I think the modern approach is to leave the flags as zero, and set flags
> via devicetree.
> sdhci has
>                 interrupt-parent = <&gic>;
>                 interrupts = <GIC_SHARED 20 IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_HIGH>;
> in device tree, so maybe the 7621 is inverted with respect to other mt
> chips?

Yes, I have looked into the device tree of mt8173 and there it is
IRQ_TYPE_LEVEL_LOW. So the remaining flag is oneshot, currently I'm
not completely sure weather it is necessary, maybe the mt7621 has the
oneshot save property set. That will need some further investigation!

Once I have a cross-compiler ready and compile tested my patches, I
will send a version 2.

Thanks,
Christian