On 09/10/2018 05:21 PM, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 01:46:13PM +0300, Alexey Skidanov wrote:

>>> Why?  What can we do with this information?
>> Are you in doubt that we need these two specific counters or debugfs at all?
>
> These specific counters.  What are you going to do with them?
I would like to see:
- heap watermark, in order to profile memory usage
- current heap status, in order to catch some memory leaks
Probably, we may add more.

> And you also moved debugfs files (you didn't comment on that comment),
> which will probably break tools that expect the files to be in one
> place, right?
Right. I assumed that for staging modules we still can change user
interface. Otherwise, how to explain this change 15c6098cfec5 ("staging:
android: ion: Remove ion_handle and ion_client")?

How did you test this patch?
I use self-tests
https://www.kernel.org/doc/readme/tools-testing-selftests-android-ion-README
and other proprietary code to check sharing buffers between several
kernel modules.

> thanks,
>
> greg k-h

Thanks,