On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 3:02 AM NeilBrown <n...@brown.name> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 31 2018, Sergio Paracuellos wrote:
>
> > dt_node_to_map and dt_free_map operations can use pinconf-generic API's
> > instead of redefine operations in the driver. Make use of them cleaning
> > a bit driver's code.
> >
> > Update DT accordly to make sure used bindings property in code match
> > with the board's DT bindings.
> >
> > Changes are only compile-tested.
>
> Thanks.  This appears to work for me.
> It is awkward to test pinctrl changes because the firmware preconfigures
> all the pins, so the hardware will work correctly if pinctrl does
> nothing.
> So I change the dts file to mis-configure some pins for driving LEDs,
> and checked that the LEDs broken.  The fixed the dts, and the LEDs
> started working again.
> I think that will have to do.
>
> Tested-by: NeilBrown <n...@brown.name>
>
> Thanks,
> NeilBrown

Cool! Thanks for testing and let me know.

So, I sent this patch which solves a problem:

http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2018-December/130260.html

And this new patch is generated with that applied. Also this patch
solves the original problem
also and seems the way to go... Should be better to re-do this one
with all the fixed and reported by
tags added as a solution?

What do you prefer, Greg?

Thanks in advance.