Hi Sergio,

On 19/6/19 5:44 pm, Sergio Paracuellos wrote:
Some boards seems to ignore builtin perst configuration and use gpio
instead. This approach seems to be more common. Hence, update the driver
to properly use gpio perst via gpio descriptor's API.

For more information refer to [1].

Even with this set of patches applied, there still seems to have some issues
with a non stable pci link through the boot process. This will be resolved
in nest patch series when the problem is find.

Patches are only compile-tested. It would be good to test them before being
applied.

[1]:
http://driverdev.linuxdriverproject.org/pipermail/driverdev-devel/2019-June/134947.html

Sergio Paracuellos (4):
   staging: mt7621-pci: fix two messages in driver code
   staging: mt7621-pci: use gpio perst instead of builtin behaviour
   staging: mt7621-dts: add gpio perst to pcie bindings node
   staging: mt7621-pci: dt-bindings: add perst-gpio to sample bindings

  drivers/staging/mt7621-dts/mt7621.dtsi        |   2 +
  .../mt7621-pci/mediatek,mt7621-pci.txt        |   2 +
  drivers/staging/mt7621-pci/pci-mt7621.c       | 108 ++++++++++--------

Thanks for putting this together.

I tried a quick test, applying this onto a linux-5.2.0-rc5 kernel and
saw this in the boot trace:

  rt2880-pinmux pinctrl: pcie is already enabled
  mt7621-pci 1e140000.pcie: Error applying setting, reverse things back

The system went on to boot successfully, with PCI working.

Testing across multiple boots, it sometimes hangs - but we know about that
and it is what we are still looking into.

Regards
Greg