make test actually runs tests/test_run.pl. See drizzled_start in that
file and tests/lib/dtr_process.pl if you want to see how drizzled is
started.

Anyway, make test will just run drizzled directly from the source tree
where drizzle has been built (e.g. no make install). And as you've
just found out, you can't run it as root because drizzled will refuse.

Otoh, when you are really starting a drizzle server, you would
typically do that as root and then you must start it as "drizzled
--user=drizzle" so that drizzled will drop root privileges and run as
user "drizzle" instead. This use case is not really tested and
unsurprisingly we've recently had bugs fixed with this usage. (So
actually, there should be at least some tests that are actually run as
root...)

Btw, useful tip: It is also possible to just "cd tests;
./test_run.pl". With this usage you can pass arguments to test_run
(aka dtr), for instance only run a specific test suite, such as the
module you are currently developing, to save time. Example:

./test_run.pl suite=json_server

henrik

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM, Mohit Srivastava
<srivastavamohi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can do that , but I want to know , during testing from where server is
> start ?
>

> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 8:10 PM, Olaf van der Spek <olafvds...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Shame on you. Create a non-root user and use that instead.
>>
>> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Mohit Srivastava
>> <srivastavamohi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > yeah , I am.
>> >

>> > On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Olaf van der Spek
>> > <olafvds...@gmail.com>

>> --
>> Olaf

henrik.i...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559