On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Mohit Srivastava
<srivastavamohi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to know , can I submit two proposal for GSOC ?
> As Json_server (V 0.1) is completed , just test cases has to be written.
> Thanks to Henrik Ingo for support.
> And I also looked at "Dynamic Plugin " and get its basic Idea.
> So can I submit proposal on both of them , I can assure that I will complete
> both of them in a given period of time. ?

Hi Mohit

I have been finding out a bit more about how the process works, how
many students we expect to select and get approved from Google, etc...
It seems in your case you should select either one of the project that
you are interested in, and apply with that one. It is even possible
for us to select more than one student to work on the same project,
what matters most is the strength of the applicant.

Selecting both projects doesn't really help much. In practice if there
is dead time (like waiting for a review) or you just finish the
planned project quickly, you can then also spend time on another task,
or just general bug fixing and such. So as long as the project that is
mentioned in the application is delivered, it is possible to spend the
rest of the time also on other things.

Note btw, that while it is exciting that you helped out to finish the
key-value part of json_server, which I call version 0.2, there's still
a long list of things that can be done for future versions. There will
be fun design decisions along the way too, for instance there isn't a
clear-cut way to express < and > operators with the current json
syntax, it has to be invented. But the dynamic plugins task is an
important task too, so choosing either one you can't really go wrong.

henrik
--
henrik.i...@avoinelama.fi
+358-40-8211286 skype: henrik.ingo irc: hingo

My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9522559